I went to Jamaica in search of the jade monkey. It was not to be found anywhere. My tears were not visible to anybody mostly because I was not crying. I had a bologna sandwich and pondered about the mysteries of invisible water...what was it called again? Vapors? I had forgotten the most basic facts of life...the most important being never tip your waiter if he is infact merely a fellow diner. I can only hope that the fellow patron had left their server a double tip...I hope my own food had not been spit in. The smell from the local diner left me gasping for air...in reality I had been under water and forgotten that I was not able to breathe without my portable fish gills that had been misplaced. Perhaps the jade monkey had taken them while I slept. After catching my breath I decided to retrace my steps in order to find my lost monkey. It was a most difficult task as I soon realized that someone had erased my steps that I had initially traced. What a rotten trick. I was out of chalk so tracing my steps again was not an option. The moon shimmied off the ocean. The word shimmied is most intriguing...well not really. I soon remembered that I had a plane to catch and had to return from whence I came. The monkey was in my head the whole time. Where could he have gone? Would he remember the times we never shared? I figured I should seek out answers from Wikipedia but I had forgotten my password for the internet. The monkey no doubt ate it without telling me. Now where was I to get a new password? Life can sure throw you some curveballs...or is it snowballs? I can never remember. If noone ever cared about the jade monkey then why should I? I am even starting to wonder if there ever was a jade monkey. My mind played tricks on me all night. I hate being used as a table for magic tricks, but my own cerebellum had a repertiore of tricks that continue to astound me if not leave me in stitches. Sometimes getting stitches can be painful. I found my jade monkey. He was in my glove compartment. Stupid jade monkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment